Gun fighting takes a lot of time and practice to master, which makes improving a bit of a slow process. However, what you can do for yourself to improve immediately, is make sure you have the right mouse settings!
Basic Mouse Settings To Gunfight Guide
- Begin by either hitting the Windows key on your PC, or by navigating to the bottom left of your screen and clicking on the Windows logo
- Click on "Settings"
- Click on "Devices" in the Settings window that opens
- Click on "Mouse" in the left pane Devices window that opens
- Here, in the "Mouse" window that appears, you can adjust your mouse speed if you do not have DPI settings for your mouse. If your mouse has DPI settings, then open your mouse software and adjust it to somewhere in the 300-800dpi range to start. Lower sense when gunfighting allows for more precise shots and tracking.
If you do not have DPI settings for your mouse, simply adjust your mouse speed to a lower setting.
- Next, click on "Additional Mouse Options" in the right pane of the window.
- In the "Mouse Properties" window that appears, click on the "Pointer Options" tab.
- In the "Pointer Options" window, UNCHECK the "Enhance Pointer Precision" box if not already done prior. This setting auto adjusts your mouse precision and screws up your accuracy significantly. You can also adjust your mouse speed under this tab, like how you did in step 5.